What we need
For the purposes of General Data Protection Regulations, North Kessock Community Pier SCIO will be a “controller” of the personal information that you provide to
When you register as a member of North Kessock Community Pier SCIO or renew your membership (including if you are registering or renewing on behalf of a child under the age of 18), we may ask you for the following personal information:
– contact details: name, address, email address and date of birth (if u 18)
Why we need your personal information – contractual purposes
We need to collect our members’ personal information so that we can manage your membership.
We will use our members’ personal information to:
– provide you with core member services,
– set up your online membership account and administer your account online:
– send you membership communications by post or email in relation to essential membership services, including but not limited to, planned activities, membership renewals and information on membership benefits.
If you do not provide us with all of the personal information that we need to collect then this may affect our ability to offer the above membership services and benefits.
Why we need your personal information – legitimate purposes
We also process our members’ personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
– promote and encourage participation in the management and maintenance of the pier by sending members’ communications and information for upcoming events. Our events may be filmed or photographed and your personal information may also be used in images captured from our events, which we use for promotional, education and development purposes;
– respond to and communicate with members regarding your questions, comments, support needs or complaints, concerns or allegations in relation to the activities of NKCP. We will use your personal information to investigate your complaint, suspend membership and take disciplinary action where appropriate.
Where we process your personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to us using your personal information for the above purposes. If you wish to object to any of the above processing, please contact us by email to NKCPgroup@gmail.com. If we agree and comply with your objection, this may affect our ability to undertake the tasks above for the benefit of you as a member.
Other uses of your personal information
We may ask you if we can process your personal information for additional purposes. Where we do so, we will provide you with
Who we share your personal information with
We may be required to share personal information with statutory or regulatory authorities and organisations to comply with statutory obligations. Such organisations may include the Health & Safety Executive, Disclosure Scotland, and Police Scotland for the purposes of safeguarding children.
We may also share personal information with our professional and legal advisors for the purposes of taking advice. In the event that we do share personal information with external third parties, we will only share such personal information strictly required for the specific purposes and take reasonable steps to ensure that recipients shall only process the disclosed personal information in accordance with those purposes.
How we protect your personal information
Your personal information is stored on our electronic filing
How long we keep your personal information
We will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with membership services. Unless you ask us not to, we will review and possibly delete your personal information where you have not renewed your membership with us for two years.
You can exercise any of the following statutory rights concerning your data by writing via email to:
The right to be informed
The right of access
The right to rectification
The right to erasure
The right to restrict processing
The right to data portability
The right to object
Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.